- A female pilot in Brazil tossed a passenger off her flight because he was making sexist comments about women’s ability to fly airplanes. As much as I understand her desire to kick him off, I wish she’d kept his bigoted ass on that flight and shown him how well she could fly a plane. Everyone is getting way too nuts on airplanes lately. [Feministing]
- Five things to know about the Paycheck Fairness Act, which got a renewed push this week. [Think Progress]
- Let’s check in on Navy women who serve on submarines two years after the decision to allow them. [ABC News]
- The NAACP announced its support this week for same-sex marriage. [MSNBC]
- Here’s a scary piece on how the anti-abortion group Americans United For Life writes draft legislation to restrict women’s reproductive rights. [Guardian UK]
- Trans rights activists are thrilled that official rules have loosened to make it easier for people to change their gender. [New York Times]
- Two Arab women in the United Arab Emirates are getting attention for their Twitter complaints about Western women’s more revealing style of dress. [AFP]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.