PA Lawmaker To Introduce Legislation Seeking To Defund Planned Parenthood
- A Republican state representative in Pennsylvania will introduce legislation tomorrow that seeks to defund Planned Parenthood. Rep. Daryl Metcalfe’s bill would prioritize health clinics that provide abortion services below ones which do not, which would mean that PP would be deprived of state and federal funds. Those funds are used to provide PP’s other services, including cancer prevention and prescriptions. [Huffington Post]
- The civil lawsuit against former IMF chief Dominique Strauss Kahn, who was accused of sexually assaulting a New York City hotel maid one year ago, will hold its next hearing in the Bronx on June 11. The Bronx is where the victim, Nafissatou Diallo, lives. Criminal charges were dropped against DSK after prosecutors said Diallo was not trustworthy. [New York Post]
- Why the “debate” over breastfeeding older toddlers is bogus. [The Daily Beast]
- Are these creepy airport robots sexist? [Village Voice]
- Shorter University in Rome, Georgia is asking faculty to sign “personal lifestyle statements” condemning premarital sex and homosexuality. The staff is having none of that and a shocking 88 percent of employees apparently want to leave the Baptist college. [Huffington Post]
- Occupy Wall Street held its first-ever Feminist General Assembly last week. [Ms. Magazine]
- Could “Girls” have something to teach Obama and Romney? [The Week]
- Egyptian women continue to feel excluded from the revolution underfoot in their country. [Washington Post]
- The online student newspaper at Cambridge University, The Tab, has upset some students on campus for holding a Rear of the Year contest in which students submit pics of their butts in lingerie. [The Sun UK]
- Why same-sex couples in Australia pursuing IVF treatment will have better prospects in the UK. [Blisstree]
- Irish actress Saoirse Ronan, 18, may be playing a British feminist and writer named Vera Brittain in a new film about the woman’s life. [UKPA]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.