As the world’s longest-running and most prestigious film festival, Cannes has a lot of history behind it. Since the exclusive gathering was first established in 1946, the picturesque coastal town situated on the French Riviera has seen the most illustrious names in cinema walk its shores. Like its younger incarnations (Sundance, Tribeca, et al.), the focus is placed not on big-name blockbusters but on the more majestic side of film and its artistic quality. Notable repeat attendees include Catherine Deneuve, Sophia Loren, Grace Kelly, Jane Birkin, Serge Gainsbourg, and — perhaps the most famous of faces associated with Cannes, or maybe even all of France (I mean, come on, she was the first woman to be Marianne) — Brigitte Bardot. The photographs of the sultry star exemplify the carefree, distinctly Gallic glamour of the beachside festival. Even if a ticket to Cannes isn’t in your (foreseeable) future, you can channel a bit of Bardot in your everyday life this summer, whether you’re basking on the sand or traversing the city streets.
1. Cropped Trousers, $59.99, Mango
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, $19, Sephora
3. Harlow Espadrille Wedges, $60.88, ASOS
4. BB Dakota Gisela Strapless Dress, $85, Shopbop
5. Neff Spectra Sunglasses, $25, Zappos
6. Rare Bustier Skater Dress, $80.02, ASOS
7. La Blanca One Piece Bandeau Swimsuit, $109, Nordstrom