Missouri Might Let Your Boss Decide If Your Health Insurance Covers Birth Control
- Missouri’s House of Representatives advanced a so-called “conscience” bill that would allow employers to opt-out of providing health care coverage for birth control, abortion, or sterilization if it is against their personal religious beliefs. Supporters of the bill claim it protects the “religious liberty” of employers, but everyone else says it is an intrusion of an employer’s beliefs into their employees personal lives. [Columbia Tribune]
- The Army may send female soldiers to its elite Ranger School to put them on par with their male counterparts, which would also help them with future promotions. This consideration is the result of the military deciding to open up more jobs for women. [Chicago Tribune]
- Pregnant women may not be getting tested for STDs, despite recommendations by medical professionals, a new study finds. Getting tested for STDs is important for moms-to-be because some can be passed along from mama to baby. [Reuters]
- A New York man offered to help a drunk woman who was lost and confused call the police, then took her into an alley and raped her. [New York Daily News]
- The number of women paying alimony and child support to their ex-spouses is on the upswing. Yay, feminism? [Reuters]
- Check out photographer Natalie Gruppuso’s series of portraits, “Love and Equality,” about married same-sex couples. [Flavorwire]
- The novelty of up-and-coming female rappers like Azealia Banks and Rye Rye isn’t that they’re female. [Atlantic Monthly]
- Ten feminist poets you should have learned about in school. [Flavorwire]
- Yes, lawmaker from Zimbabwe, it was tasteless for you to suggest that women could prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS by bathing less and making themselves less attractive. [Voice Of America]
- France’s new president Francois Hollande has ushered in just as many women as men in its 34-member cabinet — a first for France! [Guardian UK]
- India’s former Miss World and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai is getting a lot of shit in her home country for still carrying her baby weight. [Guardian UK]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.