Today’s Lady News: Women’s Experience Of Violence Linked To Risky Sex
- Women who’ve experienced violence — whether it’s watching a violent crime or being abused themselves — are more likely to engage in risky sex, according to a new study. The journal Psychology of Violence found that women who’ve experienced violence are more likely to have unprotected sex and have a high number of sex partners. [Huffington Post]
- The House Armed Services Committee advanced an amendment to the 2013 defense authorization bill that will protect service members, including chaplains, from getting in trouble for opposing gays serving openly the military. I see what you are doing there, folks, and it’s sneaky. [Navy Times]
- Actresses Julianne Moore and Fran Drescher are two more celebs standing up for Jennifer Tyrell, the lesbian mom who was ousted from her son’s Boy Scouts troop for being gay. [Queerty]
- Restrictions on telemedicine in Wisconsin (i.e. a doctor dispensing the abortion pill via the phone, which is used in rural areas) have no actual affect on women’s safety, according to a new study. [Think Progress]
- A woman who had an abortion looks back one year later on her decision to terminate a pregnancy. [Feministing]
- A Montana court has stuck down a ban on birth control funding for low-income teens. [Think Progress]
- Ann Friedman, editor-in-chief of GOOD magazine and the curator of the Tumblr blog Lady Journos, talks to The Rumpus about being a feminist in journalism. [The Rumpus]
- Meet the female musicians who work with synths. [New York Times]
- A feminist on the ladies of “The Avengers.” [Nerdy Feminist]
- Argentina advanced a Gender Identity Bill that will allow citizens who want sex-change surgery or hormone therapy to do so through their health care plans. [ABC News]
- Why does the UK have so few women scientists? [Guardian UK]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.