Today’s Lady News: Half Of Americans Support Marriage Equality
- Half of all Americans believe gay couples have the right to marry, according to a new poll from Gallup. While the amount of support is slightly down from last year, it is still the second year that a majority of Americans have supported marriage equality. [Reuters]
- Teen birth rates may be down, but America still has the highest pregnancy rate of any industrialized nation. [TIME]
- At least two more anti-abortion “crisis pregnancy centers” are planned to open in Queens and Harlem, two New York City neighborhoods with high rates of abortion. Two other “crisis pregnancy centers” are slated to open in NYC this summer. [New York Daily News]
- On black women and fat. [New York Times]
- Feministing.com co-founder Jessica Valenti on MCA’s feminist legacy. [The Nation]
- Actress Elisabeth Moss from “Mad Men” talks Peggy Olsen and feminism. [Metro]
- This lesbian chick tried out to be one of the castmembers of “The Real L Word” and lived to tell about it. [AfterEllen]
- Niger, Africa, is the worst country in the world to be a mother due to its high level of maternal mortality and current food crisis, according to Save The Children’s annual report. [Guardian UK]
- Claire Lomas, a paralyzed woman from the UK, has become the first person to complete a marathon in a “bionic” suit which enables her to walk. [BBC]
- Nine men in the UK have been found guilty of plying underage girls, some as young as 13, with drugs and alcohol in order to rape them. [The Sun UK]
- Jessica Leandra Dos Santos, a 20-year-old South African model who is white, has been thrown into the public eye for sending racist tweets about a black man she encountered at the supermarket and using a racial slur against blacks. [TheRoot]
- Female mechanics in Canada on the “Mad Men” moments they face at work. [Toronto Star]
- Meet the new generation of young female dramatists. [Telegraph UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.