- The amount of young women completing the three vaccinations required for the HPV vaccine is not only low, but also dropping. The journal Cancer has published a report saying young women are not completing the full series of Gardasil, which is the only way to be fully protected from the strains of HPV which lead to cervical cancer. [New York Times]
- Melinda Gates’ new crusade for the Gates Foundation is spreading the use of contraception worldwide to promote women’s health. But not surprisingly, the Catholic church is none too pleased about this fact. [The Daily Beast]
- Colorado’s House Finance Committee advanced a bill that would legalize civil unions. [Think Progress]
- Bowie State has become the first historically black college to open an LGBT center for lesbian and gay students. [Queerty]
- France’s new president Francois Hollande has vowed to clean politics of sexism by placing an equal number of men and women in his cabinet and reintroduce a ministry of women’s rights. [Guardian UK]
- Meet 25-year-old Kate Moran, who is to become one of Britain’s youngest female pilots. [The Sun UK]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.