Today’s Lady News: More Teens Using “Highly Effective” Birth Control
- Recently we lamented that teen girls are just not getting pregnant like they used to. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has one theory as to why: more teens are using “highly effective” contraception, such as the Pill or the patch, when they have sex. [New York Times]
- Over one-third of OBGYNs who work for religiously-affiliated hospitals say they have had a conflict with their employer over providing patient care that did not gel with the institution’s religious tenets — such as contraception and sterilization. Of OBGYN’s working at Catholic hospitals, half of them reported a conflict. [Baltimore Sun]
- American University’s outgoing Student Body President came out as transgender in an op-ed in the student newspaper, in which she asked to be called by her chosen name Sarah and female pronouns (she/her). [Human Rights Campaign, American University’s The Eagle]
- Why has legislation for the establishment of a National Women’s History Museum stalled? [Huffington Post]
- Brandy Martell, a transgender woman and activist, was shot and killed in an apparent hate crime in Oakland, California, last weekend. [SFist]
- Meet 13-year-old entrepreneur Mallory Kievman, whose invented a lollipop cure for hiccups. [The Week]
- The youngest member of MENSA is a three-year-old girl named Emme, who has an IQ of 135. [New York Daily News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.