Today’s Lady News: OK Court Says “Personhood” For Fetuses Is Unconstitutional
- Oklahoma’s Supreme Court struck down a “fetal personhood” bill yesterday— which would change the legal definition of a fetus to a “person,” thereby criminalizing all abortion and in-vitro fertility treatments — because it is unconstitutional. The movement by an anti-abortion group to get the “fetal personhood” bill on the state ballot will now be forced to stop. [The Daily Beast, Wall Street Journal]
- A Boy Scout regional board member has resigned over the removal of Jennifer Tyrrell, a lesbian den mother, from leading her son’s Tiger Cub troop. [Christian Science Monitor]
- A New York City judge says ex-International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss Kahn can’t claim diplomatic immunity in the civil suit against him for allegedly sexually assaulting a hotel maid. [New York Post]
- The New York Assembly (a version of the House of Reps.) advanced a bill banning discrimination on gender identity and expression. It has passed five times before, but has previously been stalled by the NY Senate every time. [Think Progress]
- Latoya Peterson, the editor-in-chief of Racialicious, a blog about race and pop culture, has been selected for a journalism fellowship at Stanford University. Congratulations! [Racialicious]
- On the obnoxious sexism in “American Reunion” and the other “American Pie” movies. [Guardian UK]
- Modern day natural hair icons we love. [Clutch Magazine]
- A U.S. film distributer called In Demand has picked up the U.S. rights for a documentary film called “The Boxing Girls of Kabul,” about young Afghani women who are learning to box in the same stadium where the Taliban used to execute women. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Egyptian-American journalist Mona Eltahawy talks to Ms. about the current revolution in Egypt and what it means for women. [Ms. Magazine]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.