Today’s Lady News: Marine Women Headed To Frontlines
- The Marines are slowly integrating more women into their frontline units, according to a message sent to the Marine Corps on Monday night. The Pentagon has recently opened up thousands of new jobs to women in the military. [New York Times]
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issued a decision last week that transgender folks are protected from bias in the workplace and free from discrimination on account of their gender identity. [New York Daily News]
- In “Are My Eyes Deceiving Me?” news, beer company Anheuser-Busch has warned UFC that it is displeased with sexist, homophobic comments made by fighters. You know beer manufacturers. So progressive! [Ad Age]
- Fox News analyst Monica Crowley has apologized for responding to the news that Sandra Fluke is engaged with the question, “To a man?” [MediaBistro]
- Is “brogrammer” culture — that would be computer programming for bros — on the rise? [Mother Jones]
- How Take Back The Night protests keep some victims silent. [GOOD]
- Domestic abuse is out of control in Turkey and victims say the state does nothing to help them. [New York Times]
- Meet Hungarian doctor Agnes Gereb, ordered to house arrest over a crackdown on her championship of home births. [Guardian UK]
- Yup, rape is still rape even if you are married to your rapist. [Daily Mail UK]
- Women competitors at the upcoming Olympic Games in London struggle with representing their countries, as well as their genders. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.