Today’s Lady News: Celebs Support Lesbian Den Mother Ousted From Boy Scouts
- Celebs including Josh Hutcherson from “The Hunger Games” and Jesse Tyler Ferguson from “Modern Family,” have come together in support of a lesbian den mother who was ousted from the Boy Scouts. Jennifer Tyrrell of Ohio, who has four children with her partner, has collected over 125K signatures on Change.org to ask the Boy Scouts of American to end their policy banning LGBTQ den leaders. [New York Daily News]
- Florida’s governor has vetoed funding for rape crisis centers. During Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Good move. [Feministing]
- Taxpayer-funded “crisis pregnancy centers” are still using religion to oppose abortion. [Huffington Post]
- Jemima Kirke of “Girls” talks about Sunday night’s abortion episode. (SPOILERS, probably.) [NYmag.com Vulture]
- Meet Mia Love, an Utah Republican and Mormon, who wants to be the first black Republican Congresswoman in history. [Clutch Magazine]
- On Mitt Romney’s flip-flops regarding pay equity for women. [New York Times]
- Sky News in the UK accidentally identified the alleged rape victim of Ched Evans, a Sheffield United football player. (That’s soccer for us Americans.) The broadcaster aired tweets in which users were naming the young woman. [Telegraph UK]
- A transgender man in Nova Scotia, Canada, has filed a human rights complaint after his province refused to pay for a hysterectomy surgery which it said was voluntary, since Jessiah MacDonald is not female-identified. MacDonald said a gynecologist found several polyps in his uterus and recommended it be removed and that no one ever mentioned he would foot the bill himself simply because he is a man. [Calgary Herald]
- Muslim in India are seeking gender equality in marriage. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.