Today’s Lady News: Arizona Bans Abortions After 20 Weeks
- Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer signed a law yesterday which bans abortions after 20 weeks (rare to begin with), except in cases which risk of death or serious injury. The law also mandates an ultrasound 24 hours prior to having an abortion and requires state officials to create a website which shows fetal growth at various stages. [MSNBC]
- The breast cancer charity Susan G. Komen For The Cure sent as many grants this year to Planned Parenthood affiliates as it has in the past. This comes despite a politically-motivated attempt earlier in the year by Komen to halt grants to PP, which caused great controversy. [Washington Post]
- Feminist Frequency takes on race in “The Hunger Games” and the controversy over naturally blonde, fair-skinned Jennifer Lawrence being cast as olive-skinned, black-haired Katniss Everdeen. [Feminist Frequency]
- Vice President Joe Biden told a New Hampshire crowd last night that the “war on women is real.” [Politico]
- I know you were waiting with bated breath to hear what Sarah Palin has to say about the Ann Romney/Hilary Rosen/working moms kerfluffle: it “awakened mama grizzlies!” [Politico]
- The NYPD has arrested a 26-year-old man being referred to as the “well-dressed groper,” who was forcibly grabbing women’s genitals in Manhattan. [Gothamist]
- Amnesty International urged Iran to quash a four-and-a-half-year prison sentence for a woman who was peacefully protesting in a group called “Mourning Mothers.” Mansoureh Behkish was accused of “propaganda against the system” and “gathering and colluding with intent to harm national security.” [Amnesty USA]
- The BBC employs almost twice as many men in its upper management and pays them an average 10 percent higher salary, according to a media trade magazine. [Telegraph UK]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.