- Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen, whose remark about Ann Romney “not working” recently blew up, has apologized. “As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is. As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen,” Rosen said. “I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended. Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.” [Washington Post]
- But Rosen is still getting bashed by the Catholic League for being a lesbian who adopted her two children with her former partner: “Unlike Rosen, who had to adopt kids, Ann raised five of her own.” Ooh, that’s low. [Think Progress]
- Frisky contributor Megan Carpentier connects Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney to Hillary Clinton’s controversial comments almost 20 years ago that she could have “stayed home and baked cookies and had teas” instead of pursuing law. [Raw Story]
- What the ideal woman has looked like throughout the ages, from Nefertiti to Michelle Obama. [Discovery News]
- New York City has almost double the number of female startup founders compared to Silicon Valley and London. [BetaBeat]
- On “Daria,” race, and the one black girl on the show, Jodie Landon. [Racialicious]
- Meet the women of Afghan’s elite special forces who are breaking down barriers in the military. [Yahoo]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.