Today’s Lady News: Texas Teacher Fired For Unwed Pregnancy
- Cathy Samford, a teacher and coach at a private Christian school in Rockwell, Texas, was fired for getting pregnant out of wedlock. Samford, who is 29, tells ABC News she is in a committed relationship and planning to get married this summer. But Heritage Christian Academy still didn’t think this slutty slut slut was a good “Christian role model” and fired her — even refusing to keep her on staff if she and her fiancé married sooner. [ABC News]
- How much will President Obama’s massive lead in the polls with women actually help him in November? [The Week]
- Not surprisingly, Mitt Romney’s camp is now focused on winning over women. [CBS News]
- Seven of eight men accused of gang raping a woman at a housing facility for asylum seekers in Sweden have been convicted and sentenced to prison. [The Local]
- Christine Brooke-Rose, an experimental fiction author, died last month at age 89. [New York Times]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.