Today’s Lady News: Another “16 & Pregnant” Teen Chooses Abortion
- Last night’s episode of “16 & Pregnant” featured 17-year-old teen mom Briana and her older sister Brittany, who decided to have an abortion. This isn’t the first time MTV has handled an abortion amongst their cast of pregnant teens: in 2010, it aired a one-hour special called “No Easy Decision”, in which young mother Markai Durham had an abortion. [The Stir]
- Augusta National still refuses to admit female members and the chairman refuses to budge. [Washington Post]
- Huffington Post has pledged to donate $5,000 to Girls, Inc. for every positive comment written on the Styleist blog post at the link before April 10th. Go ahead, say something nice! [Styleist]
- The fianceé of Sean Bell, another unarmed young black man who was shot by police, has penned a letter to Trayvon Martin’s parents. [Essence]
- You’ll be shocked — shocked! — to read some people had sexist comments to say about Baylor Lady Bears star Brittney Griner. [BuzzFeed]
- An introduction to ecofeminist thought. [Bitch Magazine]
- Happy 84th birthday, Dr. Maya Angelou! [Clutch Magazine]
- Meet Philomena Kwao, 22, who hopes to became Britain’s first black plus-size supermodel. [Clutch Magazine]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.