Alex Sturrock, a 31-year-old celebrity photographer, has been revealed by a UK magazine as the ex-boyfriend who allegedly inspired Adele’s latest album, 21. In fact, Alex Sturrock’s website features a whole gallery of photos of a young Adele, posing with props like a bulldog or a rose. A source told Heat:
“It was an intense period for them. They met through mutual friends and hit it off straight away. He shot her a few times and that was just it They spent all their time together – and when they weren’t together they would ring each other constantly.”
Previously everyone thought a chap named Slinky Sunbeam had inspired such hearbroken songs like “Someone Like You.” Put perhaps Adele was just trying to throw us off the scent? (Well, good, anyway, because that name is ridic.) Let’s find out some more about this Alex Sturrock character, shall we?
- Alex Sturrock and Adele met when he photographed her, they hit it off, and she hired him as the official photographer on her U.S. tour. And of course, she shared hotel rooms with her official photographer, as you do.
- He did a slideshow of Adele on tour in the U.S. for the UK Guardian‘s web site. Pics include Adele hanging out backstage with Slash, inside Vogue‘s NYC office, chomping on an In-N-Out burger, and drinking lemonade in a diner in Omaha.
- Cute candids of Adele shot by Alex, presumably while on tour, show the songstress with her hair in curlers and a masque on her face, reading a comic book, and cuddling on what looks like a bunk on her tour bus.
- Alex refused to call her his “girlfriend,” according to a source, using the excuse he “didn’t want to label what they had.” Perhaps that’s why their relationship only lasted from summer 2008 to 2009.
- Other celebs he’s shot include Justin Bieber, Shaquille O’Neal, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Leonard Cohen, and Kreyshawn. Wonder if he slept with any of them?
- He has had his work published in Vice magazine. One of his contributions to Vice was a photograph of an ex-girlfriend, Emily, whom he dated “for a couple of years” and broke up with before she went to college because “somehow things got ridiculously overcomplicated.” He continued, “I still believe she is God’s cutest creature. Whenever I was with her I literally wanted to bake her in a cake and eat her.” Wonder what Adele thought about that.
- Alex Sturrock also likes to photograph tattoos and unicycles. He has a section on his website titlted “Underage.” Interpret from that what you will.
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.