- Wisconsin police have arrested a suspect in Sunday night’s bombing of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute. The man’s identity and charges against him are as-of-yet unclear. A handmade explosive device was placed on a windowsill at the clinic and caused a small fire. The Grand Chute clinic closed on Monday but reopened today. Don’t you just love it when people show how “pro-life” they are by resorting to violence? [Post Crescent]
- An 80-year-old woman with no flying experience landed a Cessna airplane by herself after her 81-year-old husband became unconscious midflight. You go, granny! [Reuters]
- The National Magazine Awards nominated zero — yes, that’s zero — women for awards in Reporting, Features, Profiles, Columns or Essays. Are you kidding me, people?! [Think Progress]
- House Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she’s be thrilled if Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ran for president in 2016. [New York Daily News]
- On class and the moms/daughters of TLC’s trainwreck, “Toddlers & Tiaras.” [XX Factor]
- Tiger Beatdown blogger Sady Doyle on “Fat Betty” and the trope of the Evil TV Ex-Wife. [Tiger Beatdown]
- On Katniss Everdeen of “The Hunger Games” as feminist role model. [Ecosalon]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send tips and feedback to Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.