Today’s Lady News: Olympic Beach Volleyball Players Allowed To Wear Shorts
- Female beach volleyball players at the 2012 Olympics will be allowed to wear shorts and sleeved tops during their games or they can wear the traditional bikinis, according to new rules from the International Volleyball Federation. The allowance has been made to be culturally sensitive to some countries who may have reservations about women competing showing so much skin, the org explained. [AP]
- Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown is in hot water after publicly praising his daughters and wife for teaching him how to cook, clean and sew. [Huffington Post]
- A Wisconsin conference for conservatives attended by several lawmakers this Saturday handed out anti-birth control literature to participants. [Think Progress]
- Texas radio reporter Scott Braddock has allegedly lost his job for reporting on the state’s controversial, anti-abortion forced sonogram law. [Austinist]
- Angela Bassett, Chaka Kahn and other celebs filmed a short video called “Super Life” in memory of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the unarmed Florida boy who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watchman. [Madame Noire]
- Some a-hole writer in Houston has outed a lady writer for his paper’s competition as a stripper. There is no shame in being a stripper, but it is not his business to spread all around town. [Hay Ladies]
- Georgia’s state Senate has advanced a so-called “fetal pain” bill, which criminalizes abortion after 20 weeks on the medically unproven assumption that five months is when a fetus can feel pain. [Think Progress]
- Frisky contributer Hugo Schwyzer on paternalism and why some conservative women love GOP candidate Rick Santorum. [Role Reboot]
- On stars, sex tapes, and slut shaming. [Feminists For Choice]
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the IMF who was arrested in New York City last year for allegedly sexually assaulting a hotel maid, has been charged with “aggravated pimping” in France for his involvement with prostitution rings. [Feminist.org]
- An openly gay parliament member in Nepal has asked Facebook to create a third gender (or simply say “others”) to account for users who don’t identify as male or female. [Think Progress]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.