Today’s Lady News: One Woman’s Ordeal With The Texas Sonogram Law
- If you read one article on the Internet today, make it this: a mother in Texas terminated her much-wanted pregnancy after doctors learned her baby would be born with genetic defects that would cause him to suffer greatly. Due to Texas’s 24-hour waiting period and a requirement that doctors describe, in detail, the development of fetus, she and her husband were caused suffering on one of the most horrible days of their lives. This essay by Carolyn Jones is heartbreaking, yet extremely touching. [Texas Observer]
- I’m sure you’ll be shocked — shocked! — to hear that Catholic bishops pressured the breast cancer charity Susan G. Komen for the Cure to halt their funding to Planned Parenthood, which was used for breast exams. (And fortunately reversed.) [Reuters]
- If I have to read one more article about 50 Shades Of Grey and how “OMG, women really DO like porn/erotica!,” I am going to eat a pigeon. [USA Today]
- Today in WTF Is Wrong With People news: host families are sexually abusing their foreign exchange students. [Feministing]
- There’s a thought: women fighters in reasonable armor. [Amptoons]
- Five African women respond to the Kony 2012 campaign. [Racialicious]
- Ugh: 7,000 additional women may have faulty breast implants from the French company PIP filled with industrial-grade, not medical-grade, silicone. [Telegraph UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.