Today’s Lady News: You’d Have To Prove You Use Birth Control For “Health Reasons” Under Proposed AZ Law
- Arizona’s State Senate Judiciary Committee advanced a bill yesterday that would give your boss the right to make you prove that your prescription birth control is being used for health reasons — and not for being a slutty-slut-slut having sex for her own pleasure. Your boss could also fire you for using birth control to be a slutty-slut-slut, because AZ is an at-will employment state. It might be time to move to Canada. [Huffington Post, Jezebel]
- The Health and Human Services Department ended Title X funding to the Medicaid Women’s Health Program in Texas today after the state recently voted to stop accepting money from “affiliates of abortion providers.” This is all part of Texas’s larger plan to block any funding at all from going to abortion providers. [Feminist.org]
- Barbara Walters is slow on the uptick with this one: she says “The Bachelor” degrades women and she’s “deeply offended” by the show. [US Weekly]
- Florida’s House and Senate have both advanced a bill to ban shackling female inmates while giving birth. It now heads to the governor’s desk. [Feminist.org]
- Six-year-old Lori Anne Madison is the youngest contestant in the Scripps National Spelling Bee. [The Mary Sue]
- Is the idea of “porn for ladies” sexist? [XX Factor]
- On “30 Rock” and awkward lady behavior. [Think Progress]
- A 16-year-old Moroccan girl committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist as a way to bring “honor” back upon her family. [Thanks to Frisky reader Monkia for the link.] [Al Arabiya]
- The American anti-abortion group 40 Days Of Life has been holding vigils outside abortion clinics in London, intimidating guests, and allegedly filming people who come in and out of their buildings. [Washington Post]
- An Argentine court has upheld a ruling that will legalize abortion when the woman was impregnated as a result of rape. [CNN]
- Canadian women are suing Customs and Border Protection agents for allegedly groping and fondling them during strip searches. [Detroit Free-Press]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.