Today’s Lady News: GA Lawmaker Compares Women To Cows & Pigs
- A Republican state representative compared women to livestock earlier this week, while he spoke in favor of criminalizing abortion after 20 weeks. Speaking to the restriction on abortion even when the fetus isn’t expected to live, Terry England said, “I’ve had the experience of delivering calves, dead and alive — delivering pigs, dead and alive. It breaks our hearts to see those animals not make it.” Yes, your reproductive health care was just compared to that of a barnyard animal. [Raw Story]
- Job growth has been stronger for men than women during most of 2010 and 2011. But interestingly, the last few months have been stronger in job growth for women. Well, we do earn more advanced degrees, so … [New York Times]
- I co-sign everything Emily McCombs at xoJane has to say about kinky sex and feminism. (And humbly submit my own writings on the subject here and here. [xoJane]
- Katha Pollit of The Nation checks in on Bei Bei Shuai, a woman in Indiana who has been charged with attempted feticide and murder for attempting suicide while she was pregnant. Shaui was eight months pregnant when her boyfriend told her he was married and had another family, which he was returning to. Shaui tried to kill herself by eating rat poison, but was saved; her baby was delivered and died 12 days later. [The Nation]
- The HIV rate among black women in some U.S. cities now rivals that of some countries in Africa. [Madame Noire]
- What do we think of the gay bar in Chicago — presumably targeted towards men— that has banned women after 11 p.m.? [Queerty]
- Fourteen-year-old Willow Turfano makes us feel inadequate: she saved up $12,000 and purchased a foreclosed home in Florida. [NPR]
- Last night’s episode of “Parks and Recreation” was apparently all about feminism? [Think Progress]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.