- Virginia Governor Bill McDonnell has signed into law the bill that requires a woman seeking an abortion to first have a medically unnecessary ultrasound. Technically this bill is a step up from a previous iteration of the bill, which would have required an invasive transvaginal ultrasound (also medically unnecessary) before an abortion. [New York Times]
- Women in Texas are losing options for health care at Planned Paernthood clinics and elsewhere amid the abortion fight. Texas has recently slashed funding from PP clinics. [New York Times]
- On “America’s Next Top Model,” the first Native American contestant Mariah Watchman, and the Pocahontas controversy. [Racialicious]
- Twenty photos of female activists throughout history. [Ecosalon]
- The Apollo Theater in Harlem will induct the late soul singer Etta James into its Hall of Fame. [Uptown Magazine]
- How Puritanical attitudes towards sex are making independent women leave the GOP. [Current]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.