Today’s Lady News: More Birth Control Pills Recalled
- Birth control pills made by Glenmark Generics are being recalled because some of the active/non-active pills have been placed in the wrong order. Check at the link to see if one of your packets of pills has been recalled and use another form of birth control in the meantime! [MSNBC]
- An Alabama lawmaker is backing off his support for an anti-abortion “transvaginal ultrasound” bill, which is similar to the one which caused an uproar recently in Virginia. [Talking Points Memo]
- Virginia’s state Senate has advanced a bill mandating women receive an ultrasound before an abortion. (Previously the language of this bill would have required women to have an invasive “transvaginal ultrasound,” but that has since been dropped.) A Democratic state senator proposed an amendment that would require the state to pay for the exam if she cannot afford it, that insurance be required to cover it, and that a woman not be required to have an ultrasound if her doctor tells her the fetus has severe abnormalities. The Republican majority rejected all those suggestions, but did add an exception for rape and incest claims that have been reported to police. [MSNBC]
- The representation of women’s bylines in prestigious literary publications is dismal. Very dismal. [Flavorwire]
- A lesbian couple said an employee asked them to leave District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, located inside the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona, after they hugged and kissed during an anniversary celebration. [Raw Story]
- Why women need to start talking about money. [xoJane]
- Pinterest is driving more traffic to websites for women’s magazines. [Fishbowl NY]
- On female cosplayers who dress up as a female “Dr. Who.” [Geek Feminism]
- Cartoonist Emily Flake shares a cartoon diary of her workweek. [The Awl]
- The singer Erykah Badu has been banned from performing in Kuala Lumpur after Malaysian officials discovered an image of her posing with the Arabic word for Allah written on her shoulder. [Madame Noire]
- On India’s “blame the victim” mentality. [New York Times]
- Meet the women who oppose the idea of female bishops in the Anglican church. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send tips and feedback to Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.