Today’s Lady News: I Think They’re Just Messing With Us Now
- Oh, look at this all-male TV panel that MSNBC convened to discuss yesterday’s all-male hearing discussion about birth control coverage in healthcare reform!
- Oklahoma’s state Senate advanced a “fetal personhood” bill on Wednesday that criminalizes all abortion by defining a “person” as the fertilized egg. A bill like this would also criminalize in vitro fertilization, stem cell research, and some birth control. This is the bill that had a proposed amendment by State Sen. Constance Johnson, who sought to make it illegal for men to masturbate and waste sperm! [News OK]
- The New York Times takes an in-depth look at how some religions equate abortion with contraceptives/birth control. [New York Times]
- Blogger Tami Winfrey Harris on professor Cornel West, new MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry, and how “sexism from a brown face is still sexism.” [Racialicious]
- Meet Merle Hoffman, a self-made millionaire who opened an abortion clinic in Queens, New York City, at age 25 and is the author of a new memoir, Intimate Wars. [NYmag.com]
- A popular side-project for political wives? Children’s books. [New York Times]
- On gender disparity in actors’ salaries. [Women & Hollywood]
- I’m late to this, but “Purity Bear” made a special Valentine’s Day video. [The Daily What]
- Hundreds of South Africans marched in Johannesburg after two women were groped and touched in Decemeber for wearing miniskirts. The women were assaulted by drivers while they were waiting for taxi rides. [BBC]
- Meet Fawzia Koofi, a female Afghani MP and former UN worker who has set her sights on the presidency. [Guardian UK]
- On teenage brides in Kashmir, who are sold to older men who want to avoid dowries. [Guardian UK]
- Only 20 percent of British chefs are women: here are the women who make the cut in the macho culture. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.