Today’s Lady News: Lady Republican Senators Support Contraception Compromise
- Two lady Republican senators — Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both of Maine — have thrown their support behind President Obama’s compromise on birth control coverage in health care reform. [Feministing]
- Problem with conservative women? They dress “frumpish” or like “two-bit whores.” Laura Bush, you’re on notice. [BuzzFeed]
- Happy Valentine’s Day from the messed-up gendered messages permeating the minds of youth everywhere! [Sociological Images]
- Some dude asked his laywer to propose to his girlfriend during a hearing about domestic violence. Dude couldn’t propose himself because he
shehas a restraining order against her him. And she said yes. Guy Girl… just no. [Huffington Post]
- Civil rights activist Helen Bailey, 78, was threatened with foreclosure by J.P. Morgan Chase, but Occupy Nashville has been successful in allowing Helen to stay. [Think Progress]
- Honduras’ Supreme Court has upheld the strictest ban on emergency contraception in the world. [Reproductive Health Reality Check]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.