- Two lady Republican senators — Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both of Maine — have thrown their support behind President Obama’s compromise on birth control coverage in health care reform. [Feministing]
- Problem with conservative women? They dress “frumpish” or like “two-bit whores.” Laura Bush, you’re on notice. [BuzzFeed]
- Happy Valentine’s Day from the messed-up gendered messages permeating the minds of youth everywhere! [Sociological Images]
- Some dude asked his laywer to propose to his girlfriend during a hearing about domestic violence. Dude couldn’t propose himself because he
she has a restraining order against her him. And she said yes. Guy Girl … just no. [Huffington Post]
- Civil rights activist Helen Bailey, 78, was threatened with foreclosure by J.P. Morgan Chase, but Occupy Nashville has been successful in allowing Helen to stay. [Think Progress]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.