Today’s Lady News: Obama Could Compromise On Birth Control Coverage Under Health Care Reform
- The Obama administration is open to a “compromise” on the health care reform requirement that religiously-affiliated employers cover preventative care, including birth control, without co-pays or deductibles. Some schools and hospitals balked that the only exemptions made were for explicitly religious employers. But this morning, David Axelrod, an advisor on the president’s re-election campaign, said the administration will “look for a way” to make everyone happy. [New York Times]
- Mitt Romney said that Susan G. Komen for the Cure was right to cut grants to Planned Parenthood. Perhaps he would not have held this same position years ago when he attended a Planned Parenthood fundraiser and his wife donated money to the clinics. Or, many years after that, when he signed a pro-choice pledge organized by PP. [Huffington Post, Think Progress]
- HealthCare.gov now enables you to search for health plans with coverage for same-sex relationships. [Think Progress]
- Rick Santorum insinuates back-alley abortions — “50 years ago, 60 years ago, people who did abortions were, you know, in the shadows” — was preferable to today, when abortions are performed legally by doctors. [Feministing]
- Women’s eNews has a series about women in minimum wage jobs, including tipped workers. [Women’s eNews]
- On Asperger’s syndrome and girls. [Bitch Magazine]
- Meet 11-year-old Maya Penn, a 7th grade girl who makes eco-friendly accessories and sells them on Etsy! [Madame Noire]
- Some good news for once: a UN report of almost 2,000 communities across Africa found that female genital mutilation and cutting is on the decline. [Feministing]
- The 2008 winner of “Holland’s Next Top Model,” Ananda Marchildon, is suing her agency for refusing prize money for winning the contest and also claims she was fired from Elite Model Management two years into her contract for gaining two centimeters of weight on her hips. God, this is depressing. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send tips and feedback to [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.