Evening Quickies: Someone Is Trying To Extort The Duggars!
- An Iowa woman has been charged with extortion after she threatened to reveal a “19 Kids and Counting” cast member in “apparently intimate situations.” You mean like holding hands? Scandalous! Teresa Hunt wanted Discovery Communications for $10,000 or else she would go to magazines with the pic. The female cast member is unspecified, but this lady claimed she was “sleeping with a 56-year-old man.” Look, we all want TLC to cancel the show, lady! Extortion is still illegal. [Huffington Post]
- Alicia Keys will be paying tribute to Etta James at the 2012 Grammy Awards. I heard they asked Christina Aguilera first, but she had a tanning appointment. Har har har. [PopCrush]
- RuPaul, Ellen DeGeneres, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and other celebs react on Twitter to today’s Prop 8 ruling. [PopBytes]
- Jessica Lange will guest star on the second season of “American Horror Story” — even though the rest of the cast is being replaced — because Ryan Murphy is no fool. [NYmag.com Vulture]
- Valentine’s Day cards for our favorite snacks. [Gurl.com]
- Big Ang from “Mob Wives” talks “rats” and the time she did six months of house arrested after getting busted for selling cocaine. [Huffington Post]
- I’m quoted in this piece about Adele, seeing as I’m awesome and everything. [Popdust]
- Is this Dave Matthews (and his belly) chilling at an airport or just a lookalike? [The FW]
- One of Justin Bieber’s bodyguards punched a pushy paparazzo at LAX. Yikes. [PopCrush]
- Almost four out of five married women described their sex life as predictable, according to an iVillage poll of married gals. Not surprisingly almost three out of five said they weren’t happy with their sex lives. Oh dear! [iVillage]
- I’m a little obsessed with St. Vincent’s new video for “Cheerleader.” Just had to share. [Pitchfork]
- Courtney Stodden filmed a commercial for FreeCreditStore.com in which she plays a “sexy mermaid” and trills “I’m so wet!” I’m not sure what any of these things have to do with any of these other things. [PopBytes]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.