Today’s Lady News: Komen For The Cure Insider Tells All About Planned Parenthood Tomfoolery
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s VP Karen Handel, a former politician who ran on an anti-abortion platform and was endorsed by Sarah Palin, allegedly drove Komen’s decision last week to halt grants to Planned Parenthood, which were used to pay for breast exams for low-income women. An inside source at Komen has told the Huffington Post that Karen Handel herself came up with the plan of how to stop the funding: blame it on an “investigation” by an anti-abortion politician into whether Planned Parenthood uses public money to pay for abortions, which is illegal. Susan G. Komen for the Cure was swiftly rebuked last week for halting the grants and announced two days later the current grants would continue. [Huffington Post]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is launching a Women In Public Service Project (WPSP) at five women’s colleges — Barnard, Bryn Mawr, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and Wellesley — to get more women working in public service and create a 50/50 parity by 2050. [Women’s Media Center]
- Gloria Feldt, the former president of Planned Parenthood, on how the Susan G. Komen for the Cure f**kery was a “Tahrir Square moment” for women. [The Daily Beast]
- A Washington judge will soon rule on a lawsuit that requires pharmacists to sell emergency contraception/the morning-after pill, even if they say taking the pill is against their religious beliefs. [Feminist.org]
- How “Downton Abbey” addresses male emotions better than any drama. [Slate]
- A Saudi women’s rights activist named Manal al Sharif has filed a lawsuit against traffic police for ignoring her application for a driver’s license. It is not legal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia; women are also forbidden from travel or attendance at school without a male guardian’s permission. [CNN]
- Today is the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting. [Feminist.org]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.