Today’s Lady News: 14-Year-Old Wants Gay Marriage Voted Down As A Birthday Present
- A 14-year-old girl asked the Maryland Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee yesterday to vote against legalizing same-sex marriage for her birthday. The girl, being called “Sarah” in the press, told the committee it “would be the best birthday present ever if you would vote no on gay marriage.” (Fortunately, the Maryland Senate is expected to eventually approve the bill.) [Raw Story]
- Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) has pulled her support for Susan G. Komen for the Cure after the breast cancer charity announced it will halt funding to Planned Parenthood. [Think Progress]
- The Women’s Professional Soccer League has suspended its 2012 season to it can address financial and legal problems. [Feministing]
- Photographer Paul Phillips in Harlem is raising Kickstarter funds for a photo essay called “Beauty In Black” to portray the beauty of black women. [Madame Noire]
- Blogger Jennifer Armstrong has launched a blog about “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and its feminist principles. Put that Nick at Nite addiction to good work, girl. [Mary Tyler Moore Show Book]
- Four South African men have been sentenced to 18 years in prison for murdering a 19-year-old lesbian in 2006. Solisw Nkonyana was stabbed and stoned to death because she had been openly gay. [BBC]
- France’s Green party presidential candidate Eva Green received a bullet in the mail last month. [BBC]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.