Today’s Lady News: Three Canadians Convicted Of So-Called “Honor Killings”
- Three Afghan-Canadians have been convicted of murdering three teenaged girls and their dad’s first wife in so-called “honor killings.” Two of the daughters were reportedly killed because they wanted boyfriends against their fathers’ wishes; the father also said his daughters dressed in Western clothes. The eldest daughter at one point left home to live in a shelter because of abuse at home, which is reportedly when their father, brother and mother decided to kill the four women. What a terribly sad story. I am heartened, at least, to see the killers punished. [BBC]
- GOP presidential wannabe Mitt Romney has trashed President Obama’s recent decision requiring religiously affiliated employers to offer birth control coverage in their health plans — despite the fact he made a similar decision himself as governor of Massachusetts. [Huffington Post]
- Linda McMahon of the World Wrestling Federation is seeking to run for the Senate in Connecticut again in 2012. [Wall Street Journal]
- New York City public schools are required to teach sex education beginning this semester. What exactly will they be learning? [New York Times]
- GOP presidential nominee Newt Gingrich may have a “woman voter problem. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Longtime Cosmopolitan editor Helen Gurley Brown has donated $30 million in a joint donation to Columbia and Stanford to established a media-tech institute which locations on both coasts. [New York Observer]
- What Zooey Deschanel’s show “New Girl” says about the recession-era man. [GOOD]
- A Russian female punk band called Pussy Riot was arrested in Moscow on Friday for performing a song that was anti-President Vladmir Putin. [Telegraph UK]
- Ukraine’s topless FEMEN protesters were detained in Davos, Switzerland, after baring all outside a World Economic Forum event. [Global Post]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send tips and feedback to Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.