Today’s Lady News: Rep. Gabby Giffords Resigns From Congress
- One year following a gunshot wound to the head, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) formally resigned from Congress today. Her friend Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz tearfully read a letter aloud to their legislator peers in which Giffords vowed to come back after her recuperation. It looks like there wasn’t a dry eye in the House. (And it wouldn’t be a tearjerker moment without House Speaker John Boehner crying, too.) House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said of Giffords, “She has brought the word ‘dignity’ to new heights by her courage.” [CNN, Politico]
- No fetus-eating for you! An Oklahoma legislator has introduced a bill to the state senate to ban the consumption of human fetuses. You know what they say: first abortion is legal, then the feminists are eating babies. [Jezebel]
- Navy SEALs rescued aid worker Jessica Buchanan, 32, yesterday, who was kidnapped on October 25 at a refugee camp in Somalia where she worked as a Christian aid worker. Jessica’s Danish colleague Poul Hagen Thisted was also rescued during the raid. [Newser]
- An anti-abortion group has created a database of reproductive health providers, presumably to make it all the more easy to harass and stalk them. [Tiger Beatdown]
- A reader reacts to a Very Smart Brothas blog post about rape, victim blaming and common sense. [Uptown Magazine]
- A new documentary called “In Our Heads About Our Hair” explores black women’s hair and its relationship to their self-esteem. [Madame Noire]
- Charla Krupp, an editor at Glamour and People StyleWatch and a style contributer to the “Today” show, died Monday at age 58 from breast cancer. [MSNBC]
- The UK’s culture minister is seeking to press the BBC to feature more women on its “Today” news program after feminists have drawn attention to the predominantly male guests. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs on The Frisky? Send tips and feedback to [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.