Evening Quickies: Demi Moore Was Hospitalized For Doing Whip-Its?!
- Sources tell TMZ that Demi Moore’s was hospitalized on Monday night after she took a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide — aka doing “whip-its” — and possible had a seizure. Demi was reportedly semi-unconscious, which is what sparked the “overdose” rumors. Whip-its are just about the last thing we’d expect a grown-ass adult to be doing. Alas, People says Demi Moore’s “prescription drug” use was concerning friends and family and contributed to her breakup from Ashton Kutcher. “Really, it was over the last year her friends saw a change. She wasn’t sleeping as well, didn’t seem to be eating and looked really gaunt,” said one source. “Demi is a mess,” said another. [TMZ, People]
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z have allegedly asked none other than Oprah to be baby Blue Ivy’s godmother. Jay-Z’s considerably less glittery best friend, Ty Ty Smith, will be the godfather. [ONTD]
- Breaking news: Hillary Clinton wore a headband to last night’s State Of The Union address. But in fairness, it’s a much better headband than her ones from the early- to mid-’90s. [The Gloss]
- Elle France’s website has removed their unfortunate racist article about “Black Fashion Power,” as in, style for black people. [NYMag.com]
- Brutally honest 2012 Oscar nominee posters — like “The Help” is “White People Solve Racism.” [Buzzfeed]
- Seal told CNN a reconciliation with Heidi Klum “may happen.” Not if you keep blabbing to the press about it, it won’t. [People]
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi is dropping hints about “something I know” about Newt Gingrich, but she won’t dish the dirt. As much as I love gossip, if this will require me to think about Newt Gingrich’s junk again, please keep it to yourself. [Newser]
- Jada Pinkett Smith is teaming up with Simon Cowell to launch a reality show about DJs. Please tell me Pauly D will be kept away. [StarPulse]
- How to wear lace in a way that is more “chic” than “Dowager Countess at an afternoon tea.” [Betty Confidential]
- Grab the nearest four-year-old and check out this post on which Disney Prince is right for you. [TresSugar]
- Uzbekistan has banned Valentine’s Day for being against “national values,” making it a popular vacation destination for, like, all of the single people I know. [Newser]
- Tina Fey spent her maternity leave watching the fourth-hour of “The Today Show.” “That hour is delightful,” she told Elle. “It’s just what live TV should be, which is people getting drunk and sitting there.” Hells yeah. If only she was still on leave — she could have seen Amelia on the show this morning! [MSNBC]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.