Today’s Lady News: Sunday Is The 39th Anniversary Of Roe Vs. Wade
- Sunday, January 22, will be the 39th anniversary of the landmark Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision, which essentially legalized abortion across the country. Here’s a list of events, both online and offline, held throughout the next several days. [Feminist.org]
- Wal-Mart has named Rosalind Brewer the president/CEO of Sam’s Club, which is the first time the company has had a woman and an African-American heading one of its properties. [Madame Noire]
- Yesterday, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick held a ceremonial signing of a law which legally protects transgender folks from discrimination in housing, education and employment. (The bill actually went into law last year.) [Colorlines]
- The incredible Jessica Valenti, co-founder of the blog Feministing.com, was on “Anderson” this afternoon discussing Purity Balls and American’s obsession with virginity. [AndersonCooper.com]
- On why we can’t let our talk of Paula Deen’s recent diabetes diagnosis slip into schaudenfreude. [Chow.com via Bitch Magazine]
- The fabulous blogger Sady Doyle on why we should be worried if Michelle Obama didn’t get angry from time to time. [In These Times]
- A high school in Draper, Utah, may not call its sports teams “the Cougars” because that would be offensive to older women who have sex with younger men. Plus one for being thoughtful, I guess? [Jezebel]
- Meet Ai-jen Poo, founder of Domestic Workers United, which successfully won labor rights for nannies and housekeepers in New York State. [Ms. Magazine]
- The Salt Lake City chamber of commerce has called for the state of Utah to ban employment and housing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity — acknowledging such practices are not only unkind but bad for business! [Think Progress]
- Why the “Shit ___ Say” meme deserves more respect. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- How to quit worrying about being bitchy and actually assert yourself. [Jezebel]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.