Morning Quickies: Sarah Burke, Skiier, Dies At 29
- Top Canadian freestyle skiier Sarah Burke died yesterday in Salt Lake City, Utah, at age 29. The athlete, who lived in British Columbia, and had been training at a resort, had an accident on the slope and hit her head. Sarah Burke was a four-time gold medalist at the Winter X Games and had been campaigning to add halfpipe skiiing to the Olympic games in 2014. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends. [New York Times]
- Kobe Bryant’s wife Vanessa Bryant is going to make bank in the divorce: sources say she’ll get $75 million in the settlement, which is half of the couple’s assets. [Fox News]
- Lisa Vanderpump from “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” is getting her own spin-off show. [ONTD]
- Rachel Bilson, gangsta rapper? [Stupid Celebrities]
- Sinead O’Connor has checked into a hospital for depression, which is absolutely a great idea after her off-and-on quickie marriage fiasco. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Johnny Depp is set to do a vampire movie called “Collins” about a vampire who has run-ins with monsters, witches, werewolves and ghosts. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Ridiculous tips for a miserable sex life from January’s glossy magazines. [Nerve.com]
- Whoopsies. Miley Cyrus didn’t get the “don’t wear a see-through top without a bra” memo. [Celeb Jihad]
- Light up your bowls: a Grateful Dead exhibit is coming to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, this April. [StarPulse]
- Fox News comic books are too sexy. [Nerve.com]
- Don’t call 911 if your roommate steals your beer. (Steal her wine, duh.) [truTV]
- Sammi from “Jersey Shore” has turned down an offer to pose for Playboy. [Perez Hilton]
- A stand-up comic took her ex-boyfriend to “The People’s Court” for stealing all her jokes from her comedy set, as she should have. [Jezebel]
See a story that belongs on The Frisky? Send tips or feedback to Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
Image via Getty.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.