Evening Quickies: Ellen DeGeneres Gives $50K Scholarship To Homeless High Schooler Samantha Garvey
- It’s time to cry: Ellen Degeneres gave Samantha Garvey, a high school senior in New York who is finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search, a $50,000 scholarship. What’s got Ellen in the scholarship biz? Well, Samantha Garvey and her family are homeless and currently living in a shelter. Ellen also gave the Garvey family a $5,000 gift certificate to J.C. Penney and a $1,000 gift certificate to Whole Foods. Our fingers are crossed for Smantha, who has applied to Yale and Brown! Great, now my mascara is all over my face … [Crushable]
- Lana Del Rey speaks out about her crapadoodle “Saturday Night Live” appearance: “I don’t love live television.” [Popdust]
- Kate Middleton and her family went on a vacation to the Caribbean island of Mustique to celebrate her mom Carole Middleton’s birthday — minute Prince William. [Us Weekly]
- Eighteen ways Michael Fassbender puts the sex in sexy. [TresSugar]
- On “2 Broke Girls” and the new Long Duk Dong we never asked for. [Grantland]
- Five love lessons from blues singer Etta James, who died today at age 73. [YourTango]
- In defense of (some of the ideas behind) the manic pixie dream girl. [The Gloss]
- What Snooki and the Kardashians can teach the world about building successful fashion and beauty brands. [NYmag.com The Cut]
- Whoopsies: the gay hookup site Grindr got hacked! [Nerve.com]
- Dolly Parton is expanding Dollywood by adding a “water-snow theme park.” Eh, whatever. She can do whatever she wants. [StarPulse]
- For all of you Mark Wahlberg fans out there, a little quiz about our favorite former underwear model. [Modern Man]
- Celebs who’ve added Crayola color to their hair … even when its been against their better judgment. I’m looking at you, Brad Pitt. [theBERRY]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.