Today’s Lady News: Male Reporters Dominate Campaign Trail Coverage
- Reporters on the campaign trail are skewing heavily male, according to an examination by the Columbia Journalism Review. According to NYU journalism professor Meryl Gordon, politics reporters at newspapers, glossy magazines and blogs are mostly men, and when there are women, there is usually only one or two. This, of course, is echoed in coverage on the campaign trail. [Columbia Journalism Review]
- Props to Jessica Ahlquist, 16, of Rhode Island, who successfully won a legal battle over a religious prayer banner which was hung in the Cranston High School West auditorium. Jessica contacted the Rhode Island chapter of the ACLU last year, which brought the case to a federal judge. Yesterday, the judge ruled that the prayer banner in a public school was indeed in violation and must immediately be removed. [Boston.com]
- “Shit Homophobic People Say” — featuring quotes from actual homophobes! [YouTube]
- On “good consent,” another term for “enthusiastic consent,” or what all of us should be doing during the sex-having. [No, Seriously, What About Teh Menz]
- Blogger Andrea (AJ) Plaid on why she’s nearing middle age but is still a staunch advocate for reproductive rights. [Racialicious]
- Why not everyone is laughing at “Shit White Girls Say To Black Girls.” [Clutch Magazine]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.