Today’s Lady News: Lesbians Don’t Screw Up Their Children As Much As Bigots Might Hope
- Adolescent children of lesbian parents are just as well-adjusted and happy with their quality of life as their peers whose parents are of the opposite sex, according to a study of 17-year-olds by the University of Amsterdam. [Think Progress]
- Women cancer survivors are now lobbying for a bald Barbie doll. [Boston.com]
- Why does the international auto show in Detroit still use pretty women as eye candy? [Guardian UK]
- Check out these new “Men Can Stop Rape” PSAs. [Feministing]
- On sexism within John Mayer’s Top 40-eriffic song “Daughters.” [Good Men Project]
- Amanda Hocking, 27, the self-publishing sensation whose mythical novels have made millions via sales on the Kindle, talks about her success. [Guardian UK]
- The queer girl’s guide to meeting Ms. Right right now. [Clutch Magazine]
- Check out the video “It Did Not Start With Stonewall,” a mini-doc about black LGBT women in New York City during the ’60s. “Stonewall” is a reference to a famous gay bar which was rioted by cops in 1969, which some see as the catalyst for the mainsteam gay rights movement. [Racialicious]
- A journalist for the UK’s Guardian saw a group of indigenous women on India’s Andaman Island being ordered to dance for tourists, who then threw food at them. [Newser]
- Some good news, for once: there are a record number of women working in the UK’s boardrooms. [Guardian UK]
- Meet Brigadier Nicky Moffat, the highest ranked woman in the British army. [Guardian UK]
- Meet the French women who defied the Nazi in the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.