Today’s Lady News: Saudi Arabia’s Lingerie Law To Go Into Effect
- Saudi Arabia will begin enforcing a law that requires lingerie shops to only employ women, so that men and women do not have to come in contact with each other while buying undergarments. [BBC]
- Washington’s Gov. Chris Gregoire, a Democrat, announced today that she will introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage. In a press conference today, Gov. Gregoire said, “Some say domestic partnerships are the same as marriage. That’s a version of the discriminatory, separate but equal argument of the past. For decades that argument was used to keep African Americans separate in schools, at their apartments, at drinking fountains. After all, the argument went, those separate places were just as good. But we, Americans knew, separate is not equal and finally the law caught up.” [Think Progress]
- The real losers of last night’s GOP caucus in Iowa? American women. [Women Are Watching]
- Is the TV show “Sherlock” sexist? [Guardian UK]
- Esme Barrera, a volunteer at Girls Rock Camp Austin and a member of the Austin music scene, died over New Year’s. [Brooklyn Vegan]
- Surprise, surprise, “Work It” — the show about men who dress as women so they can get hired for jobs during the “man-cession” — was as terrible as it looked. [Think Progress]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.