Today’s Lady News: Female Vets Less Supportive Of Wars
- Female veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are less supportive of the wars than their male counterparts, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center. I know we have some veterans who read The Frisky — please chime in in the comments! [Slate]
- The Dutch magazine Jackie that called Rihanna a “n—-bitch,” leading the editor-in-chief to resign, has retracted its apology. [Clutch Magazine]
- Michigan’s governor signed a bill yesterday to ban benefits for state employees’ domestic partners, claiming it was to save money — as opposed to bigotry. [Jezebel]
- Black women are enlisting in the military at a higher rate than white or Hispanic women and comprise one-third of the armed forces, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center. [New York Times]
- Some good (and surprising!) news: 48 states have openly gay lawmakers. The only two states with zip, zero, zilch gays whatsoever are Alaska and South Dakota. [Think Progress]
- A man in Rock Hill, South Carolina, threw a bowling ball at a woman’s head when she refused to let him buy her drinks. The woman received seven stitches! Talk about a man’s inability to cope with a woman not being interested. [Madame Noire]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.