TGIF! A ton of major celebrity and entertainment news stories broke this week. The Golden Globe nominations were announced! Britney Spears got engaged! Cameron and P. Diddy are hooking up! “Dexter” took an incestuous turn! Lindsay Lohan did something stupid! But what was the scoop of the week? Vote for your pick after the jump…
- On Monday, we told you about Lindsay Lohan’s wild weekend, which came at a price: $10,000, the amount of cash she had in her purse when she accidentally left it in a car.
- Also on Monday, we discussed the jaw-dropping decision by “Dexter” producers and writers to tease a possible Dexter and Deb romantic/sexual relationship — the jaw-dropping part? The characters are siblings! Not by blood, but still.
- On Tuesday, we broke the news that Cameron Diaz and P. Diddy, Puffy, Sean Combs, whatever his name is, are apparently an item. They were spotted “making out like teenagers.” How long will this one last?
- On Thursday, the Golden Globe Award nominations were announced and I was thrilled to see Ryan Gosling honored — twice! Also high on our list of deserved nominees were Charlize Theron for “Young Adult,” Tilda Swinton for “We Need To Talk About Kevin,” Joseph Gordon Levitt for “50/50,” and “American Horror Story.” But we were super sad to see “Bridesmaids”‘ Melissa McCarthy snubbed. Seriously?
- Today it was revealed that Britney Spears is engaged to boyfriend Jason Trawick. Brit was first married to childhood friend Jason Alexander in 2004, but their Vegas-inspired wedding bliss only lasted 55 hours. Then, of course, Britney was married to Kevin Federline, with whom she has two sons. Britney and Jason have been dating for two years. Hopefully the third time will be the charm!