- Over the past decade, over 30,000 women were given breast implants made by a French company called Poly Implant Prosthesis, which used industrial grade silicone instead of medical grade silicone to “cut corners.” Industrial grade silicone is highly dangerous if it leaks into the body, which breast implants have been known to do. [Guardian UK]
- This blog post calls me a “victim blamer” when it comes to sexual assault because of this post I wrote. I’ll let y’all be the judge of that. [Feministe]
- And to that end, I enjoyed this piece by Salon.com writer Tracy Clark-Flory on how to prevent rape in a way that doesn’t blame the victims. [Salon]
- Two violent sexual assaults have occurred in San Francisco’s Mission District. Here’s a sketch cops have released of the suspected perp. [Mission Local]
- Warren Glover, a former official for the NBA, claims he was fired for reporting sexual harassment claims against women and was given a “thinly veiled threat” to let the harassment keep on going. [Jezebel]
- Paula Hyman, a Jewish historian and author of the book My Life as a Radical Jewish Woman, died at age 65. [Forward]
- Transexual Thai “ladyboys” (or “katoeys”) have been hired as flight attendants for a new charter airline called PC Air. [Raw Story]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.