- Iconic feminist Gloria Steinem on why women should join Occupy Wall Street. [San Francisco Gate]
- Sharon Bialek, who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment, said she feels “vindication” now that he has suspended his campaign for the GOP nomination for presidency. Cain suspended his campaign on Saturday citing “distractions.” Last Monday, a woman came forward and claimed they had been having an affair for 13 years. [Talking Points Memo]
- A man in New York City shot his wife and daughter today in an apparent domestic violence incident. [WhyLeaveAstoria]
- Eve Ensler, playwright of “The Vagina Monologues,” discusses her work at City of Joy, a refuge in the Democratic Republic of Congo. [Guardian UK]
- Trudie Styler, Sting’s wife, is working with a U.S.-based film producer to finance more films by and about women. [London Evening Standard]
- Oprah’s girls’ school in South Africa has graduated its first class of graduates and all 72 students have been accepted into colleges in South Africa and the U.S. Over a dozen students received full scholarships. [Essence]
- A writer for the London Guardian claims British public life — TV, newspapers — is dominated by men’s voices. [Guardian UK]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.