Today’s Lady News: Gloria Cain “Looked The Other Way” For Years
- The Daily Beast claims the interview Gloria Cain’s gave to Fox News about her husband being faithful is a bunch of BS. (Which is what I suspected.) Herman Cain, a GOP presidential nominee candidate, has been plagued for weeks by sexual harassment allegations, and on Monday, a woman named Ginger White came forward to say she had an affair with him for 13 years. A close friend of one of Cain’s kids said that Gloria Cain is well-aware of Herman’s cheating and that she mostly leaves him alone to do his own thing. A campaign worker told the Beast: “[Gloria Cain] hated doing that interview defending him on Fox but felt pressured to do it by him and the campaign. She doesn’t want to be forced to do that again because she knows he’s had girlfriends for many years. She just looked the other way.’’ Now that’s just depressing. I kind of feel bad for her. [The Daily Beast]
- Sixty percent of black girls have been sexually abused by a black man before the age of 18, according to a study conducted by Black Women’s Blueprint. However, the data was only collected by 300 women, so it’s an exceedingly small sample size. [Madame Noire]
- Mattel created a Nicki Minaj Barbie doll that it is auctioning off to raise money to provide food for men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS. [Essence]
- Deconstructing Princess Merida, the main character in Pixar’s new animated movie, “Brave.” [TIME]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg analyzes Questlove’s choice to play the song “Lyin’ Ass Bitch” when Michele Bachmann walked onstage on Jimmy Kimmel’s show. [Think Progress]
- An interview with Peggy Orenstein, author of Cinderalla Ate My Daughter: Dispatches From The Front Lines Of The New Girlie-Girl Culture and a New York Times Magazine writer. [Bitch Magazine]
- Check out this photo of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Burmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, who has spent many years of her life incarcerated. [The Daily Beast]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.