Today’s Lady News: Release Of Afghani Rape Victim Ordered
- Afghanistan’s president ordered the release of a woman known as Gulnaz, 21, who was imprisoned for “adultery” after a relative raped her two years ago. When Gulnaz said her cousin’s husband sexually assaulted her, she was sentenced to prison for 12 years unless she agreed to marry her attacker. Gulnaz has currently been raising her daughter in prison. [CNN]
- As part of its response to the Jerry Sandusky scandal, Penn State has announced it will divert $1.5 millions dollars from their athletics department and donate it to an organization that benefits victims of sexual abuse. [Los Angeles Times]
- The LGBT community is calling for a boycott on donations to the omnipresent Salvation Army red kettle drive because of their negative stance on LGBT relations. The national community relations secretary for the Salvation Army has said that the organization and the LGBT community will never agree on the topic, pressing that boycotting donations will only hurt those in need. Bill Browning, a gay writer and activist says, “If you care about gay rights, you’ll skip their bucket in favor of a charity that doesn’t actively discriminate against the LGBT community.” [USA Today]
- Are this years Oscar-worthy films all about dudes? Films such as “The Descendants,” “J Edgar,” “Drive” and “50/50″ explore the masculine identity and notions of male power and sexuality. Is this a particularly man-heavy year, or is it a standard reflection of male-driven Hollywood? [New York Times]
- Blogger Amanda Marcotte breaks down the six different types of sex scandals. [AlterNet]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.