Today’s Lady News: Pro-Lifers Happy Siri Can’t Find Abortion Clinics
- A “crisis pregnancy center” has congratulated Apple for making iPhone’s Siri program unable to provide information about abortion and contraception. Said one CPC founder, “We applaud Apple iPhone’s 4S Siri and are thrilled that Siri does not list or refer to abortion clinics. Numerous lives will be saved as a direct result.” [Think Progress]
- The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology has come out with a statement informing their members they should be able to provide routine treatment for transgender patients. [Feministing]
- A British writer asks, why are Americans obsessed with why single women are single? [Guardian UK]
- Former Frisky staffer Susannah Breslin writes about finding out she has breast cancer. We send her our love and support and wish her a swift recovery. [Forbes]
- A geeky girl of color explains why she doesn’t feel welcome at the blog Kotaku. [Racialicious]
- What’s up with the competition some women feel with their mothers-in-law? [Good Men Project]
- Just sayin’, no one seems too upset that Kourtney Kardashian is unmarried and pregnant again. [Clutch Magazine]
- Exactly zero female athletes are up for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award. [Metro UK]
- A “crisis pregnancy center” called the Island Pregnancy Centre in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada was papered with fliers reading “reproductive rights” that explained to women where to get abortion services. It clearly states on a Google search that the facility is not a medical clinic and does not offer medical services or advice. However, the director of the center insisted the center does not dissuade women from having abortions. [CBC]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.