Today’s Lady News: iPhone’s Siri Won’t Help You Find The Morning-After Pill
- Siri on the iPhone won’t tell you where to find the morning-after pill, but it will help you find Viagra. [Reproductive Health Reality Check]
- Plus, 10 things Siri on iPhone will help you get instead of an abortion, like escorts. [Raw Story]
- Ohio’s State Senate president, a Republican, said his party plans to advance a “fetal heartbeat bill” that will seek to criminalize abortion at any point after a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which could be as early as six weeks. [Feminist.org]
- How to attack a female candidate. [The Daily Beast]
- Is the music industry kinder to bigger-bodied stars than other aspects of the entertainment biz? [Clutch Magazine]
- Mississippi is the worst state in America to have HIV. [Madame Noire]
- Veteran journalist Christiane Amanpour from ABC’s “This Week” shares her favorite online news sources, magazines and TV shows. [The Atlantic Wire]
- Where’s the female version of Donald Glover — the nerdy, geeky black girl? [Madame Noire]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg from Think Progress argues that erasing sexism from art — specifically in the form of a writing contest that asked people to rewrite sexist books/TV shows/movies/plays — is not a noble goal. [Think Progress]
- Josef Stalin’s daughter, Lana Peters, died in Wisconsin of cancer yesterday at age 85. Born Svetlana Alliluyeva, she left the Soviet Union in 1967 and penned four books in the U.S. Lana Peters referred to
hisher father as “a moral and spiritual monster.” [BBC]
- Durex South Africa tweeted the following joke: “Why did God give men penises? So they’d have at least one way to shut a woman up.” [Women’s Views On News]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.