Today’s Lady News: The Real Girl Belly Project
- I love, love, LOVE xoJane’s “Real Girl Belly Project,” which is publishing 75 photos of real women’s un-Photoshopped bellies. [xoJane]
- A new book about the actress Hedy Lamarr sheds light on her second career as an inventor who contributed to technology that is now used in Bluetooth, GPS and cellphone networks. Crazy, huh? [NPR]
- Journalist Kate Bolick, whose Atlantic Monthly piece about how she and many other 30something women may never may, has seen her article optioned for a TV series by the same guy who did “Drop Dead Diva.” [Guardian UK]
- Rep. Michele Bachmann finally got an apology from a muckety-muck at NBC for a sexist musical selection when she appeared on Jimmy Kimmel’s show. It wasn’t the muckety-muck she wanted to apologize to her, though. [CNN]
- After 36 hours in an Egyptian prison, the Egyptian-American filmmaker Jehane Noujaim talks about the events in Cairo’s Tahrir Square that led to her arrest on phony charges. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Police in Afghanistan humiliated a transvestite man by forcing him to undress with a video camera rolling. Disgusting. [Daily Mail UK]
- The rape accusation against Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the IMF and a one-time candidate for the French presidency, will get its own academic conference. [New York Observer]
- How has bike riding helped underprivileged Indian girls? [Guardian UK]
- Canada’s new $100 bill depicts a woman! Woot, woot! [Ms. Magazine]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.