Black Friday Crime Watch!
Happy Black Friday, the corporate pseudo holiday that encourages and brings out humanity’s most feral tendencies. Here’s a roundup of shit that went down this year.
- Black Friday deals actually started on Thursday evening in some stores, and at an LA-area Walmart, one costumer pepper sprayed her fellow deal-hunters in the toy aisle. Perhaps the pepper-sprayer watches Fox News? [LA Times]
- And there’s video! [Buzzfeed]
- Earlier this week, we told you that the Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch stores in NYC were going to welcome Black Friday shoppers with oodles of shirtless hunks starting at midnight. Well, apparently a crowd waiting for the Hollister in NYC’s Soho neighborhood to open got so impatient that they robbed it. This, mind you, is according to the only witnesses — a crew of teens waiting outside the American Eagle Outfitters store across the street. You can’t make this crap up. So, sadly, the teenage girls who showed up to shop today were met with yellow caution tape rather than hard man nips. Bummer, dudes. [NY Observer]
- Here’s some video of people going apeshit over $2 waffle makers at Walmart. [Buzzfeed]
- A man was shot outside a Walmart in Northern California this morning, after he resisted a pair of robbers who tried to steal his purchases. He’s in stable condition. [AP]
- There were also brawls and/or shootings at Walmart stores in: Rome, NY; Kissimmee, FL; and Myrtle Beach, SC. This post is not sponsored by Target, by the way. [CNN]