Today’s Lady News: 7-Year-Old Girl Publishes Book About Obesity
- Props to seven-year-old LaNiyah Bailey, who published her own children’s book about obesity called Not Fat Because I Wanna Be. LaNiyah has been obese since birth and now weighs over 100 lbs. Her book is about being taunted and teased at school about her weight. [Clutch Magazine]
- A grocery store called
Wegmen’sWegman’s in Rochester, New York, covered up Adele’s cleavage on the front of the December issue of Cosmopolitan because, you know, boobs = slutty. [NYmag.com]
- Watch GOP presidential nominee wannabe Rick Perry dodge a question on anti-abortion “fetal personhood” amendments. [Think Progress]
- Having a Gay-Straight Alliance at school makes gay and lesbian students happier and less depressed. Who’d have thunk? [Queerty]
- Thirteen super-creepy gender-bending Jokers. Heath Ledger would be proud. [BuzzFeed]
- An interview with “New Girl” creator, Liz Meiwether. [Sexy Feminist]
- Oklahoma City’s city council has approved employee non-discrimination protections for gays and lesbians in city government. [Think Progress]
- Frisky contributer Courtney E. Martin on how to sustain the future of the feminist blogosphere. (Hint: open your wallet. Double hint: here’s a good place to start!) [The Nation]
- Dan Savage is being accused of using a slur against trans people, but he says he only used the word “shemale” when reading the question as it was written by a listener. When responding to the listener’s question, Dan says he used the word “transexual” in place of “shemale.” [Queerty]
- Apropos of Katie Roiphe’s crappy op-ed about sexual harassment in The New York Times this weekend, blogger Amanda Marcotte asks, are workplaces where you’re allowed to make others uncomfortable really more fun? [Slate]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.