Oh, dichotomous winter. I love your pretty snow, your brisk air, your holidays… but I loathe what you do to my skin, my hair, my lips! You turn my most powerful (ahem) feminine assets from soft, smooth, and silky to dry, breaking, and brittle. What ever shall I do?
1. Brighten up a lackluster winter color palette with a slick of Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 42, a bright orange-red in a satin finish that will flatter any face. [$19, Sephora]
2. Deep condition once a week with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment to prevent dryness caused by moisture-zapping cold temperatures (and to impart a heavenly smoky vanilla scent that lingers in hair for days). [$19.50, Sephora]
3. Scrub away dead, dull skin cells with Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub to restore your glow. [$5.27, Drugstore.com]
4. Winter is no time to be leaving the house with wet hair. Skip the morning shower and massage Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk into your roots to absorb oil and add volume. [$18, Sephora]
5. Run a dollop of Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum through the lengths of your freshly-washed hair to protect your ends from the elements. Warm just a tiny bit between hands and apply sparingly to dry hair to seal split ends and relax frizz. [$12, Sephora]
6. Winter is a crucial time to use sunscreen, as sunlight reflecting off of snow can burn you just as easily as summer sun. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunblock goes on easily, comes in high levels of SPF, and has an inoffensive scent that doesn’t linger. [$12.99, Ulta]
7. Keep chapped winter lips smooth with Burt’s Bees Natural Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil, which also gives a sheer, natural red-pink tint. [$2.99, Drugstore.com]